Since joining Geck, Duea & Olson in December 2011, Heather Monnens has become an integral part of the firm’s family law practice. She focuses on helping clients with numerous legal matters such as divorce, property division and child custody. She often handles various estate planning matters for her clients, and has also represented community banks in various transactional and banking issues.
Heather’s approach to family law cases is quite simple: make the process clear and concise for her clients. She emphasizes working through confusion to focus on actionable steps for an effective resolution. Her clients especially appreciate her ability to break down jargon and confusing court processes into easy-to-grasp concepts.
In addition to her family law work, Heather also acts as the Assistant City Prosecutor for the cities of White Bear Lake, Gem Lake and Lino Lakes. In this role, she represents the cities in various criminal and municipal matters.
Heather is a native Minnesotan, hailing from Prior Lake. While she has an affinity for traveling, Heather prefers to spend most of her non-working hours getting in quality time with friends and family.
For all criminal matters, please contact:email@example.com
Areas of Practice
- Divorce, including property division, spousal maintenance, child support, and custody disputes
- Paternity matters to establish parenting rights and child support
- Business formation (Incorporation, LLC, Partnership)
- Business contracts and leases
- Commercial Transactions, including representation of community banks
Estate Planning / Probate
- Wills and trusts
- Health care directives
- Powers of attorney
- Probate proceedings
- Serve as Asst. City Prosecutor for cities of White Bear Lake, Lino Lakes, and Gem Lake
- Prosecute misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor matters
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- William Mitchell College of Law, J. D.
- St. Mary’s University, Winona, MN: BA, Magna Cum Laude
Major: Political Science, Psychology
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Anoka County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Mower and Freeborn Counties, Judicial Law Clerk
August 2010 – November 2011
- Thomson Reuters, Content Legal Associate
October 2008 – May 2010
- Washington County Public Defender’s Office, Student Certified Attorney
June 2008 – May 2009
- Tubman Family Alliance, Victim Advocate
January – May 2008